Introduce. This project is based on Burning Man Temple. The Burning Man arts festival is well known for its traditional burning of the wooden structure known as the "Man." I pick a mountain-shape temple with main spiral lines and triangle structure between spiral lines to reinforce them.

 
           Final result:


Procedure. First, I draw a circle with 1200 m radius. Then I scale the circle into a series of smaller circles Because I want to make the distance between each circle gradually decrease, I scale circles following an expression: x^y. input x is a number smaller than 1, and y is a series of number

Then I move the circle along the Z axis and using a 115-step series to make the vertical between each circle 115 m.

Then I rotate all the circles and divide them in 15 segments. Then I get the points on the main spiral lines I want.


We can see the data structure of the points from the point list. Now there are 10 branches because they are generated from 10 circles. Now I want them to become 15 branches each includes the points on the spiral line. So I flip it.









Then I interpolate all the points to get my spiral lines

Then I move and rotate this spiral lines as well as the points on them.

Then I want to generate the triangle strutures between them. By doing this, I first generate lines connecting original and transformed points. 

 Then I fisrt flip the transformed point, shift it with 1. We can see the fisrt branch of points move to the location of the second branch. 
Then I connect these shifted points with the original points. 

Then I try to generate the zig-zag strutures between the upper spiral lines. In order to do this , I first flip the original points on spiral lines then input them to list item to separate 15 branches.  Then I weave points on every adjacent spiral lines. Then I use polyline to connect 30 points 15 times. 


Then I use pipe to generate the whole structure.  

Then I bake the pipes in Rhino and do the curvature and smoothness analysis.






Physic base desgin
1. I use the first and last circle in last step to genarate a surface by loft and than transfer it into a mesh(u=10,v=15)
 2.Than I use weavebird to extract the mesh edge as the connection of the spring and naked points as anchor points to generate a tensile structure. I don't know why the points on the mesh are also selected as naked points so I use list item to seperate them.
 3.Then I use contours to generate 10 circles and divide each into 15 segments. The following steps are quite similar to the last model. But I simplify the process of generate reinforcement structure.
4. I interpolate the divided points to get the spiral line. 

5.And then I flip the points and shift it with a series(0,1,2...9) then flip it back. Then I interpolatthe points again to get this reversed spiral lines. I set the degree as 1 to get the polyline


6.Then I use the same process to genarate the lower part of tower.








































 7.Then I pipe the curves to compare the tensile structures with the original one.
 8. I did the curvature and smoothness analysis again. Both models are smooth and curvature are the same.



Comments